LAS VEGAS, NEVADA (December 02, 2013) – A group of 21 people including children had to be treated for food poisoning over the weekend at about 10 a.m. last Friday, according to the Clark County Fire Department.

The victims were guests at the Rio Hotel and Casino. According to the fire department, about 18 people were taken to to the hospital while the other were treated on site at the scene.

There were 13 children aged between 7 and 9. The illness was presumed to be food poisoning, according to the battalion chief. The group was part of a football team from Santa Monica , California. The group was attending a tournament in Las Vegas over the weekend.

“Food poisoning is a serious issue and must be treated properly especially if salmonella is the culprit,’ states attorney West Seegmiller, owner of West Seegmiller Attorneys in Las Vegas, and California.

Source: 8NewsNow.com

(Copyright 2013, West Seegmiller, All Rights Reserved)